This global professional services corporation wanted to mobilise the next generation of leaders. They needed an innovative programme aimed at developing not only mid-level talent but also the leaders who support them.
How could we enable the organisation to do this, as well as meet the need to embrace innovation and collaboration?
PotentialSquared designed a five-month programme based around Action Learning Groups (ALGs) and Design Thinking methodology.The Design Thinking learning was driven through simulation- based learning and the process was hosted on Sprintbase – an innovation platform that enabled virtual working and engagement with the ALGs.
The ALGs (Action Learning Groups) are challenged with a Problem Statement that encompasses real life simulations – such as, how can we improve our society whilst benefiting the organisation and its clients? Internal faculty were trained to act as mentors and coaches.
The three-phase programme was designed to provide participants with time pressure to deliver innovative solutions whilst also learning about high performing teams, feedback, resilience, psychological safety and storytelling. Coaches and the participants were measured using the award winning Pi2 Impact Model and the follow-up Pulse assessment to track impact.
The programme received positive feedback from participants and the client directly attributes the following successes to the programme:
- A multi-million-dollar contract that enhanced the clients’ brand in the area of sustainability
- A new way of utilising people resource and headcount costs through a ‘crowd sourcing’ model
- Winning an in-house award for the programmes’ innovative and progressive content delivery
- The implementation of new design thinking tools and techniques that improved client collaboration
- Due to the flexible design of the programme, the business was able to easily able to pivot to 100% virtual delivery due to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Multiple internal promotions and career transformations off the back of coaching from the programme